Tuesday, November 10, 2015

We’ll just park on the beach


 
I find myself recalling a line from the movie 2001 A Space Odyssey. "My God, it's full of stars". There are still places where you can look up at night and never want to look back down. This would be one of those places.
 
 
 I’m glad for the Goose. This rock is bigger than I thought. A jeep would be nice but the Goose allows for stops in secluded coves and plenty of room for Linda’s stuff. We had to only load 75% of our capacity for fuel to accommodate the weight of her …stuff.

 
 
 
This must be where color was invented. If so the private island resort on Nukubati has got a ton it to spare each sunrise.

 
 
Palmlea Eco Farm
We’ll park at Palmlea Farms tonight. The owners have built an eco resort and organic farm in Vanua Levu. It appeals to the hippies in us. It is one of the most beautiful settings I’ve seen. I do find myself saying that a lot on this adventure. Joe and Julie strike a chord in our hearts with what they’re doing with their business.
I’m sure the owners of an eco resort will understand us parking our less than eco friendly Goose on their beach. We did arrive before 0800 so we’d not disturb the beach goers.

This would be where'd we'd kick back to count our blessings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment