Friday, November 6, 2015

Welcome aboard.


My wife Linda says I’m high maintenance. She may be right. Given that thought I’ve taken a virtual vacation to ponder her idea. Welcome Aboard!
I’ll be using FSX SE as my virtual world to travel in. I do it this way because my main mode of transportation will be a Learjet 45. I’ve chosen this “Little Bird” for her range, speed, short runway abilities and ceiling …plus she darn near goes straight up on climb out.

We'll  be traveling using the real time, real world weather engine, FSX Active Sky. It provides us with the weather and information we use to navigate through.
For this blog I’ll attempt to keep my aviation lingo to normal people terminology ...as far as I can. There are a lot of acronyms in the world of aviation.
Yesterday we left Bremerton WA (KPWT) @ 10AM local on the first leg of our vacation …Around the World.

After five hours @ ¾ the speed of  sound (0.73M) burning through several hundred pounds of fuel, 60 MPH headwinds @ 44,000’ and a bone headed fast climb attempt to FL49 (49,000’), we arrived in the Hawaiian Islands at Honolulu Intl.

I use “we” because my virtual travel companion is Linda. We have been married over 4 decades. With over forty years of experience I'm calculating she will easily bring 200 pounds of …stuff.
Our "weight and balance" calculations tell me how much fuel we get to carry …after her baggage of course.
Tomorrow, and for the next few days we’ll grab a Jet Ranger and do a little sightseeing on the islands.  

High maintenance? …yeah, right. What’s she know?

2 comments:

  1. sounds like fun ill keep my eye out for you if you ever get to cyyc
    untill then enjoy your flights
    fellow flight sim pilot Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brad. In our real lives we're close to KPWT. We're not too far from your part of the world. Thanks for coming along on our adventure. We hope you enjoy the ride. Scott & Linda

    ReplyDelete